Volunteering makes a big difference at Fox Hill School. In addition to serving on the PTO board or joining a committee, there are so many other ways to be involved and volunteer your time to help the school. There are volunteer opportunities such as chairing an event, volunteering at event, serving as a room parent, helping in the library, chaperoning a field trip, and many, many more.
Below you’ll find the list of current volunteer needs at Fox Hill:
- Holiday Shoppe event volunteers – December *during school hours*
- Winter Dance event Chair & Committee
- Winter Dance event volunteers – February
- Spring Social Raffle donations
- Spring Social event Volunteers
- Teacher Appreciation week committee
- Teacher Appreciation week volunteers – May *during school hours*
- Family Festival Event Chair & Committee
- Family Festival event volunteers – June
- Donations or Business Sponsor opportunities, contact Jessica Pupa or Courtney Fine
- 5th-grade yearbook volunteers – all year
- 5th-grade ceremony/reception – May/June
- PTO Board interest for 2017-2018 school year
If you have any questions about any of the events above or what is involved, please contact us!
Here are the volunteer roles needed to help us get through another successful year:
- Chair a committee – Larger Commitment
You have down time and are looking for a way to get more involved in doing something fun with your child(ren) and like the idea of rolling up your sleeves with other parents.
- Event planning committee member – Medium commitment
You have time to take on a few errands and meet for a meeting or two. Commitment is based on how much you take on. It’s up to you.
- Event Volunteer – Less commitment
You’re pressed for time but want to pitch in. One hour at an event can make a huge difference in making an event a success.
- Donations – Minimal commitment
You have zero time to give but still, want to help. Throughout the year there are plenty of opportunities to donate. Whether it’s your $20 donation, a gently used coat for our coat drive, a food item for the teacher appreciation luncheon or supporting a fundraiser–there is never a need to feel like you can’t pitch in. We all do our part in our own ways.
A Room parent is a volunteer who will help facilitate communication between parents and the teacher, school administration and/or parent-teacher organization (PTO) and will aide their teacher/s throughout the year. The responsibilities of a classroom parent may vary from teacher to teacher and grade to grade. If you are interested in becoming a Room Parent, please speak with your child’s teacher.
A few volunteers are needed to help Mr. Murphy in the school library. Tasks include shelving and organizing returned books as well as helping with the Scholastic Book fair if available. If you are interested, contact Mr. Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what day works for you.